I'l be the first to admit; being alone is not for everyone.
There is an intense amount of skill, dedication, perseverance, ingenuity and confidence that is required to go through life alone.
You have to be able to rely on yourself for everything; That includes emotional support, spiritual guidance, philosophical inquiries, entertainment, motivation, inspiration and joy.
When faced with being alone, many break down. They cry, they yearn for attention, they reach out.
I've done the same many times.
But life is forcing me to take the loner's path. I have systematically lost everything that is or was meaningful to me. Every memory has been desecrated, tainted by recent realizations of the people in my life. The people immediately around me do not share the same interest, and in fact dwell in the very things I aim to fight in this world.
And so, here I go. I continue down my path, more alone than when I started. I don't know how this will end.
I will stand the test alone if I have to. I will be all the stronger for it. All the more self-reliant.
17.4.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love this line in your post:
ReplyDelete"There is an intense amount of skill, dedication, perseverance, ingenuity and confidence that is required to go through life alone."
Thanks for stopping by my blog....Neil